Well, THIS little secret I had to
keep under wraps for a month until now
[as in shhhhh, no sneaks, no hints, nadaaaa]
I am thrilled to be invited by Maya Road
as Guest Designer this month
over on the Maya Road blog!
So, you can check out a few pics posted
over on the Maya Road blog
but all pics shared up here on my blog for ya!
So honored & such a FUN project!
I have LOTS of Maya Road product left over
so look for MORE "roadie" love on my other
projects that hit my blog!
Want to know what I used to create up this mini?
Check out the creative highlights & supply list below!
Creative Highlights -
1. Used inks to alter the canvas cover of the album, acrylic paint & small brush to paint the insider under the metal binder rings, and adhered papers to inside covers.
2. Mixed it up for the inside pages from different Maya Road 4" albums including linen pages, canvas pages, chipboard pages (altered with papers)
3. Heat embossed chipboard shapes (Chipboard Mini Sets - Hand & Heart Set, Chipboard Sets - Road Rage Signs, Love Chipboard Banners, Love Words, Bethany Alphabet) with embossing powders for the title work on the cover of the book and inside the pages.
4. The canvas album cover works as a great "canvas" for mixing up splashes of inks along with detailed stamping in black ink for title work.
5. Mist works great on the canvas and linen pages inside the book. I randomly splashed white mist and Maya Mist - Charcoal.
6. The postcard stamp works perfectly on the Mini Kraft Envelope w/ Red Polka Dots. This makes a neat little pocket to tuck away some hidden journaling or a sweet note.
7. For the page using heat embossed Love Chipboard Banners, I played on the diamond shapes of the paper and emphasized the graphic feel and pop of colors.
8. I love to play on layers and details in my books, and layered the Wood Vintage Tiny Rulers along with the Vintage Tape Measure Trim - White and a coordinating rub on for an eclectic feel to the page.
9. The Say Cheese cameras are probably one of my favorite stamp sets from Maya Road! I worked this set with several textures in cameras - wood, metal, and stamped cameras - for the journal tag insert.
10. The Hand & Heart Set chipboard shapes are ultra cool! I really like the "love you" hand symbol and played these shapes with heat embossing and adhered to the linen page. I love the pop of red and brown linen together!
11. One of my favorite eclectic accents in this book is the altered tag using the new Time After Time stamp set along with various metal clock work pieces.
Maya Road Product:
4" Linen Binder Pages
Chipboard Sets - Road Rage Signs, Love Chipboard Banners, Love Words, Bethany Alphabet , Hand & Heart Set
Transparency Mini Ticket Strips - Black
Mini Kraft Envelope w/ Red Polka Dots
Studio Calico Monthly Kit - Story Hour
Paper - Echo Park - Everyday Eclectic - Journaling Cards, Kaisercraft - Up Up & Away Collection - Ferris Wheel
Cardstock - American Crafts
Stamps - Studio Calico, Hampton Art, Technique Tuesday, Stampers Anonymous
Wood Veneer Shapes - Studio Calico (bicycle, cameras, banners, arrows)
Acrylic Mask "&" Shape - Studio Calico
Ink - Tsukineko - Versamark, Ranger - Archival Ink - Jet Black, Distress Ink - Broken China, Worn Lipstick, Stampin' Up - Real Red, Clearsnap - Colorbox - Pigments
Acrylic Paint - Liquitex - Titanium White
Mist - Studio Calico - Calico White
Embossing Powder - American Crafts - Zing (Rouge Opaque, Aqua Opaque, Leaf Opaque, White Opaque, Silver Glitter Finish
Bling & Pearls - Kaisercraft, Want2Scrap
Manila Tag - Avery
Tabs - alifehandmade.bigcartel.com
Mini Page Tags - Ormolu
Mini Staples - Advantus - Tim Holtz
Silhouette Cameo Diecut Machine
Stickers - K&Co (mini puffy hearts), Lily Bee Designs (mini alpha stickers)
Rubons - 7 Gypsies
Tapes - Advantus - Tim Holtz
Metal Clockwork Pieces - Bead Landing, Advantus - Tim Holtz
Metal Number - Susan Lenart Kazmer Mixed Media Metal
Metal Filmstrip Frame & Camera - Momento
Mod Podge - Matte